- Welcome New Scouts
- Troop 2000 Active Scout Requirements is available here
- Check out our previous camp out photos under Gallery
- Letter of Appreciation from the JCPC
- Medical forms: Click here to download from BSA website or Download from T2K Forms Gallery link under Resources.
- Troop 2000 Open House: This year Troop 2000 will have two formal opportunities to come and experience life as a Boy Scout. This is open to any boy who is 11 years old, or one who has completed the fifth grade or earned the Arrow of Light Award and is at least 10 years old. Our two formal opportunities will be our annual Iron Chef and Turkey Trot Campout (turkey smoked in a metal trash can). If interested please RSVP to these events by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iron Chef - October 5th from 7:30-9:00 (Downstairs in the Fellowship Hall)
Our Iron Chef competition is an annual event that provides your son a chance to work alongside our scouts as they compete for the best tasting camp meal. We will place your son in a specific patrol so they can experience, first hand, what scouting is all about. Also, during this time, the adult leaders will have an informational meeting with the parents which will be upstairs in the Calvin Room. This gives the parents a chance to learn more about our troop and to hear from our adult leaders.
Turkey Trot Campout - November 7 and 8 (Bert Adams Scout Reservation) The Turkey Trot Campout will be held at Bert Adams Scout Reservation. We are planning to have another fun-filled event this year. New scouts will get to experience camping with our troop “Boy Scout” style. This means that the new scouts will sleep in their own tents (separate from the parents). They will eat and prepare meals “Boy Scout” style and most importantly they will get to have fun “Boy Scout” style. All adults and adult leaders will be sleeping separately from the boys. Trust us! This is a good thing. We will need completed health forms and consent forms for those attending this event (this includes anybody that will be staying with us over night). Forms are available by clicking the Medical Forms link above.
- New Nova and Supernova program: Troop 2000 is pleased to announce the Nova and Supernova program at our troop. More information is available at the Northern Ridge District website here and at the Boy Scouts website here . If you are interested please contact Mr. Burk Hufnagel during the Monday troop meeting.
Welcome to the online home of Troop 2000
We are part of Northern Ridge district and sponsored by "Johns Creek Presbyterian Church , Johns Creek, GA". We have scouts of several faiths. We meet on Monday's at the Church from 7:30 - 9:15 pm. Click here for directions to "Johns Creek Presbyterian Church, GA".
History of Troop 2000
Troop 2000 was, for years, Troop 143 in Duluth, GA. With a change in our sponsorship on January 1, 1998 we changed our troop number to Troop 2000. As Troop 143 we honored 13 Eagle Scouts and as Troop 2000 we have added over 100 more.
Boys learn by leading. Troop 2000 is run for the boys by the boys. They plan meetings and activities under adult leadership guidance. We are currently 80+ scouts. Our scouts learn and adapt to scouting values, out-door skills and respect for others in their journey to Eagle Scout and responsible citizens. Troop 2000 is committed to the safety of our youth.